Eligibility for exemption from tuition fees

If a programme is offered free of charge to Polish citizens*, tuition fees shall also not be collected from:

1)    a foreigner- a citizen of a Member State of the European Union, the Swiss Confederation or a member state of the European Free Trade Agreement (EFTA) - parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area and members of their families living in the territory of the Republic of Poland;

2)    a foreigner who has been granted a permanent residence permit or a long-term resident of the European Union;

3)    a foreigner who has been granted a temporary residence permit:

- for the purposes of family reunification,

- holds a long-term resident's EU residence permit granted by another European Union Member State, and (a) intends to be employed or self-employed in the territory of the Republic of Poland under the laws applicable in this regard in this territory, or (b) intends to undertake or continue studies or vocational training in the territory of the Republic of Poland, or (c) proves that there are other grounds for his/her residence in the territory of the Republic of Poland,

- is a family member of a foreigner, with whom he/she resided in the territory of another European Union Member State and accompanies him/her or is seeking to reunite with him/her;

4)    a foreigner who has a refugee status granted in the Republic of Poland or has been granted temporary protection or subsidiary protection on the territory of the Republic of Poland;

5)    a foreigner - holder of a certificate confirming knowledge of Polish as a foreign language, at least on the level of linguistic proficiency C1, issued by the State Commission for the Confirmation of Knowledge of the Polish Language (the list of accredited centres where the exams may be taken is HERE  . You may also follow information on the website of the Commission HERE  );

6)    the holder of the Polish Card or a person who has been issued a decision regarding the confirmation of Polish origin;

7)    a foreigner who is a spouse, ancestor or descendant of a citizen of the Republic of Poland, who lives on the territory of the Republic of Poland.

Based on: the Law on Higher Education and Science dated 20th July 2018 (Journal of Laws from 2018, item 1668)

*Please be informed that the University may charge fees for study programmes conducted in other languages than Polish from all students, both Polish nationals and foreigners. Moreover, tuition fees are required from all students who choose part-time study programmes. Please check all rules applying to specific programmes to know whether an exemption from tuition fees is possible.