Temporary residence registration in Poland for foreigners

Polish law demands from foreigners to register their residence in Poland, if their stay in the country lasts longer than 30 days (for non-EU citizens) or 3 months (for EU/EEA citizens). Such procedure is called ‘zameldowanie na pobyt czasowy’ – ‘temporary residence registration’ (e.g. for a period of studies, work).

Who is obliged to register?

Citizens of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) countries and citizens of Non-EU/EEA countries.

When do you need to register?

In the period of 3 months after the arrival to Poland for citizens of the EU and EEA countries. No later than on the 4th day after arrival to Poland for citizens of Non-EU/EEA countries.

Where can you register in Wrocław?

An application for the temporary registration must be submitted personally at the Registration Office at the Municipal Council of Wrocław (you can choose one from the list below):

The Municipal Office of Wrocław:

  • The Registration Office

       Gabrieli Zapolskiej St. 4 

       ground floor, room 3  

       Opening hours: Monday-Friday, 8.00 – 15.15

  • The Registration Office 

       pl. Nowy Targ 1-8 

       ground floor, room 5  

       Opening hours: Monday-Friday, 8.00 – 15.15 

  • The Registration Office 

       Al. Marcina Kromera 44  

       ground floor, right side of the ground floor in building 

       Opening hours: Monday-Friday, 8.00 – 15.15 

What documents do you need to bring?

  1. Completed registration form ‘temporary residence registration form’. The form can be found here   ;
  2. Valid document confirming identity: passport or the European ID card;
  3. Visa or the residence card (only residents from Non-EU/EEA countries); 
  4. Confirmation from the dormitory of UPWr about granted place in the dorm (for the confirmation the dormitory office must complete field no. 5 in the temporary residence registration form) or the confirmation from the landlord/landlady of renting a room/flat to the person submitting the application (for the confirmation a landlord/landlady must complete field no. 5 in the temporary residence registration form) and the tenancy agreement. 

    If you do not have a PESEL number (Polish: Powszechny Elektroniczny System Ewidencji Ludności, Universal Electronic System for Registration of the Population) and you are registering your stay for more than 30 days, district office should give you one. This number is helpful in e.g. signing job contracts, and using public health services in Poland.

There is a possibility of registration for citizens of the EU and EEA countries at the local Voivodship Office. Information in Polish language   .