Health insurance agreement with the National Health Fund (Polish: NFZ – Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia)
Student- citizen of Non-EU/EEA country, who signed a health insurance agreement with the National Health Fund (NFZ) and pays contributions timely, is entitled to use a medical care services at all medical points in Poland which have an agreement with NFZ for providing aid (it means hospitals and clinics operating within NFZ). Please note that many doctors speak Polish only, so it will be good to have a Polish friend helping you with the communication.
The cost of the monthly contribution is around 55,80 PLN. While visiting the doctor, remember to have a copy of the insurance agreement, an application form to the Polish Social Insurance Institution (ZUS) and confirmation of payment for most recent monthly contribution.
How can you sign NFZ agreement?
1) You should go to the appropriate NFZ - National Health Fund - Lower Silesia Branch, Insurance Service Center (Dawida St. 2, 50-527 Wrocław, phone no. 71 797 91 35 / 71 797 91 66).
Documents which you will need:
• passport (with w photograph),
• the confirmation of the student status,
• PESEL number (if you have),
• Student ID card.
2) Go to the NFZ center (address above), where you can sign the agreement.
3) During 7 days after the process of signing the agreement, register at the Polish Social Insurance Institution (Polish: Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych-ZUS), by filling in the ZUS ZZA form. Then submit it to an appropriate Polish Social Insurance Institution. Find out below, which one is in the area where you live:
- For people living in the districts of Wrocław – Śródmieście or Wrocław – Psie Pole:
I ZUS Inspectorate in Wrocław
Reymonta St. 4/6, 50-225 Wrocław
- For people living in the districts of Wrocław – Fabryczna (not including Grabiszyn, Oporów, Szczepin estate) and Wrocław – Stare Miasto:
II ZUS Inspectorate in Wrocław
Litomska St. 36, 53-641 Wrocław
- For people living in the districts of Wrocław not mentioned above:
III ZUS Branch in Wrocław
Pretficza St. 11, 50-930 Wrocław
It is also possible to insure yourself in private insurance agencies. You can choose arbitrary services package depends on your needs and financial capability.
Some private health service private companies: LUX MED, Medicover
IMPORTANT: for the Pole’s Card (Karta Polaka) owners: after signing the agreement with the NFZ and registration at ZUS you are obligated to show the agreement at UPWr Department of Study Organization, C. K. Norwida St. 25, room no. 4.
Only then your health contribution will be paid by UPWr.