Admission Step by Step
The path to success to your dream education with UPWr!
For undergraduate degrees and veterinary medicine:
1. Choose your study programme;
2. Check the entry requirements and tuition fees;
3. Check the application process and key dates;
4. Register in the DreamApply system at apply.upwr.edu.pl and upload the scans of your documents to your application (you may get more information in our registration manual).
Required documents at this point:
- passport (or ID if you are a citizen of the European Union);
- for undergraduate and uniform master’s degrees: your secondary school diploma with the list of grades, for postgraduate master’s degrees: your bachelor’s degree with a full academic transcript;
- language certificate (except for native speakers).
Acceptable language qualifications for courses taught in English
- IELTS, at least level B2;
- TOEFL, at least level B2;
- Cambridge B2 First, C1 Advanced, C2 Proficiency (former FCE, CAE, CPE);
- an IB or EB diploma;
- a document from your high school/college certifying the language of instruction was English;
- others considered individually.
Acceptable language qualifications for courses taught in Polish:
- an official Polish language certificate issued by the State Commission for the Certification of Proficiency in Polish as a Foreign Language, at least level B2;
- the final diploma of a one year long preparatory Polish language course organised at an officially designated institution;
- a final secondary school certificate obtained within the Polish education system or with Polish as the language of instruction;
- a university degree obtained with Polish as the language of instruction;
- results of the internal Polish language test administered by the UPWr Admissions Office – please contact us for details.
If the documents confirming your education are not originally issued either in English or in Polish, their translation should be included. The final version of your documents that you are going to submit as hard copies will need to be an official translation made by a sworn translator, translated from the original language into either Polish (acceptable for all courses) or English (acceptable for courses taught in English).
5. Submit your application and wait for feedback from the Admissions Team;
6. Make the payment for your application fee (you're going to receive an invoice with all the necessary details).
7. For applicants for Veterinary Medicine in English: take part in an online interview scheduled for you by the Admissions Office. More information for you is available in the tab about the interview HERE
8. Wait for the results.
ATTENTION! If you're applying to a master's degree, you will need to submit your final paper documents (legalized/apostilled and translated) at this point. They need to reach the university before the deadline and BEFORE you know the result. Postgraduate students's applications are ranked based on their paper documents, which need to be available to the university in order to evaluate them, rank students and inform them of the result.
GOT THE OFFER! WHAT'S NEXT?
1. Wait for confirmation from the University that you have been offered a place;
2. Make the payment for your first semester tuition fee and the student ID card (you will receive invoices);
3. Apply for accommodation in one of university dormitories if needed (please contact the Admissions Office for help)
4. Validate your secondary school certificate or your bachelor’s diploma with an apostille or legalize it in the embassy of Poland;
5. Have your legalized/apostilled documents translated into Polish or English by a sworn translator if they are not already in one of those languages;
6. Get your health insurance coverage or the European Health Insurance Card, consider other kinds of insurance if needed, e.g. travel insurance, accident insurance;
7. Apply for the Polish national visa if needed (check if you need a VISA to enter Poland).
PACK YOUR BAGS!
1. Pack all the original documents with you. Make sure they are translated into Polish or English (if your course is taught in English).
2. Upon arrival please bring all the documents to the Admissions Office: originals for evaluation, to be returned to you, and copies to leave at the office;
List of documents you should present upon arrival:
- Passport for inspection,
- your application form printed out from the application system and signed;
- transfer details of payment for your fees (application, tuition, student ID);
- your language certificate or another document serving as such
- for undergraduate programs: your secondary school diploma with a list of grades, for postgraduate programs: your Bachelor’s diploma with a full academic transcript. These documents should be legalized/apostilled and presented together with a certified translation into Polish or English made by a sworn translator.
If applicable, you will also need to submit a health certificate confirming that you are fit to study in your chosen area. This certificate has to be issued by an occupational medicine office in Poland. All details will be made available by the Admissions Office. If you're worried if you're going to pass the exam, you can contact us in advance to receive more information about the health hazards related to your chosen program.
If you're applying to a bachelor' degree or veterinary medicine and your documents were issued in a country other than those listed below, it is likely your education will need to be formally recognised in a separate procedure which will require additional documents. In that case, please refer to the tab with information about the formal recognition of education HERE
Countries whose qualifications do not need to be formally recognised:
Austria, Australia, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, the Republic of Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, the UK, and the USA.
WELCOME TO UPWr!